Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

it could be, that its a Saphire Nitro+ problem,
    But like others stated, the minimal power usage is about 32 Watts.
    Yes, maybe factory 'overclocked' reference chips.

the driver could have a bad calculation of powerusage, but I tested with a powermonitor on the wall, and its crazy..
    I don't think, so.
    But this could bridgman answer ;-)

Working with opencl, with a 65 Watts processor, my machine consumes about 350 Watts...craazyyy
    I live in a country were the Electricity its top five in cost in europe.
    Hello from Germany! ;-)

So if there is any thing that AMD can do, it should start by power managment.
    But its like I said, in linux you can't go down 32 Watts, ( in PowerSaving mode profile )..at least now, on Rx580
    Maybe underclock and/or undervolt.

Comment

Trying Powercolor version of RX 590 yesterday. Only black screen on Arch with open drivers(git version too). Today trying it on Ubuntu with amdgpu-pro 18.40. It's same result. So sadly.

Comment

If drm failed initialization rx590 on uvd-block so may be possible to disable this block in driver ? Or it's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by nickfaces View Post
          If drm failed initialization rx590 on uvd-block so may be possible to disable this block in driver ? Or it's impossible?
          There is an ip_block_mask boot parm:

ip_block_mask (uint)

Override what IP blocks are enabled on the GPU. Each GPU is a collection of IP blocks (gfx, display, video, etc.). Use this parameter to disable specific blocks. Note that the IP blocks do not have a fixed index. Some asics may not have some IPs or may include multiple instances of an IP so the ordering various from asic to asic. See the driver output in the kernel log for the list of IPs on the asic. The default is 0xffffffff (enable all blocks on a device).
          I don't remember seeing the list of IPs in the log but then again I wasn't looking for it.

That said, when you disable a block using ip_block_mask you should get a log message with the name of the block you disabled, and you should be able to get the sequence from the vi.c: vi_set_ip_blocks() code in whatever driver version you are using (look for POLARIS10).

EDIT - removed code snippet from vi.c, spacing was messed up too much
          Last edited by bridgman; 24 November 2018, 03:46 PM.
          Test signature

Comment

Does anyone knows how to turnoff the LEDs Glow feature on Rx580 on Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

No way, each oem has its own methods.
              Thanks,
              I own 2 Saphire Nitro+ cards

And the leds almost blind me...and they also waste a lot energy..
              I think in Saphire 480 there were a switch, in 580 i can't find it..maybe its hidden, don't know.

Comment

bridgman I see the changes in drm-next-4.21-wip branches some hours ago.
                Are these changes related to rx590?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Notable absences from the previous design include the dual-BIOS switch and RGB LED control button for the top Sapphire logo; the company now takes a software approach, allowing you to set multiple OC profiles and control RGB lighting (including settings where it is synchronised to PCB temperature or fan speed) directly through its Trixx overclocking utility.
                  Thanks,
                  It was whas tyhe ideia I got..

Is the Trixx available to linux?

Comment

Working...
                  X