Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anticipated Linux Driver Requirements For The Radeon Instinct MI50 / MI60 (Vega 20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Microsoft will buy let say Canonical
    As Brisse already said, this is going to happen, and when it will, maybe MS will finally fix Ubuntu bug #1...

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post

As Brisse already said, this is going to happen, and when it will, maybe MS will finally fix Ubuntu bug #1...
      That was marked as fixed by another MS, even before you are joining these forums

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/05/ubunt...d-by-mark.html

MS opened a bug, MS fixed a bug... even when it is not really fixed, does not matter so Merry Christmas
      Last edited by dungeon; 08 November 2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

That was marked as fixed by another MS, even before you are joining these forums

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/05/ubunt...d-by-mark.html

MS opened a bug, MS fixed a bug... even when it is not really fixed, does not matter so Merry Christmas
        The comment section of that article is quite funny to read so many years after the article was written.
        Here's a good one: "Unfortunately he will also be the reason the project will die by 2017."

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

The comment section of that article is quite funny to read so many years after the article was written.
          Here's a good one: "Unfortunately he will also be the reason the project will die by 2017."
          Yeah, please don't read too much old books or about old things, because aftermath of that is that you will start laughing on everything just like me

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Are you talking about for MI60 or RX 590? I don't personally know many of the other people, but really isn't worthwhile anyways bending over backwards and wasting the time trying to figure out alternatives if AMD doesn't want to send one out... Their loss - not a lot of Linux benchmarks then, don't know how they aren't aware of my many and routine Linux benchmarks beyond the initial review of driver/kernel updates, other comparisons, etc.

As far as RX 590, if they aren't sampling me, I'll end up buying one when it becomes available... Obviously for Radeon Instinct that isn't an option.
            I was talking about the MI60, as it costs a truckload of money it will be impossible to buy alone, and I was suggesting to having it borrowed by AMD.

Comment

"generally the better the kernel the better"
              so true

Comment

Working...
              X