Polaris 12 & Vega 12 Support Heading To The AMDKFD Compute Kernel Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polaris 12 & Vega 12 Support Heading To The AMDKFD Compute Kernel Code

Phoronix: Polaris 12 & Vega 12 Support Heading To The AMDKFD Compute Kernel Code

With the Linux 4.20 merge window past, DRM developers are already busy on their feature work for the next cycle -- AMD developers included. With this follow-on kernel release among the AMD Radeon driver features will be "AMDKFD" support for the Vega 12 and Polaris 12 graphics processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

rx 560 is polaris 11 not 12

Comment

so, with enablement nearly completed - I am guessing we will start to see a whole bunch more focus on performance and stability work in the next few kernel releases

Comment

What about PCIe atomics requirement?

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
          What about PCIe atomics requirement?
          That thing seems to be markting..
          If you look into ubuntu 14.04 with outdated drivers, you will find that OpenCL works on Rx580 at least, that I checked..
          Maybe a push for you to buy a new card?

Its incomprehensible..
          Last edited by tuxd3v; 07 November 2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

That thing seems to be markting..
            If you look into ubuntu 10.04 with outdated drivers, you will find that OpenCL works on Rx580 at least, that I checked..
            Yes, but with ROCm? - Not that I know. RX580 since the beginning, here.

Maybe a push for you to buy a new card?

Its incomprehensible..
            Not by me, curently...;-)

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
              Yes, but with ROCm? - Not that I know. RX580 since the beginning, here.
              You right it was with AMD SDK, amd amdgpu, from that time.
              I still have a machine with that config..

Nvidia even let your card work with pcie1.1,
              With lower performance( because of bandwith limitation.. ), but it runs with the latest, drivers, amazing

Maybe Rocm2.0 give us the ability to use RX580 Again( without pcie-atomic operations, like Nvidia does...)

Comment

Working...
              X