Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon Driver Gets Tear-Free X-Video

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Correct, although it shouldn't be too hard to port across to radeonhd. I believe Pierre was working with an r300 which is only supported by radeon.
    Test signature

    Comment


    • #32
      ok so hd4xx0 are not supported by radeon driver ?

      Comment


      • #33
        Blargh, latest radeon GIT snapshot re-introduced tearing for me .. Now I have a triangle in upper right corner which is out-of-sync and thus causes tearing pattern. It was fun while it lasted, back to OpenGL-output . For anyone else following the GIT-snapshots, here's the reason:
        http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/dri...ab0c7c18327412

        I'm sure it'll get sorted out eventually.
        ATI X1400 mobile radeon, Ubuntu 8.10 x86.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by mirak63 View Post
          ok so hd4xx0 are not supported by radeon driver ?
          Not for Xv.
          Test signature

          Comment


          • #35
            There seems to be a regresion in latest svn code ...

            With tormod package from 14 december I experience nice tear free video play ...
            However tormod update from 16 december re introduced tearing for me...
            I'm on rs690 kubuntu 64bit ...

            Anyone can confirm this ?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
              Anyone can confirm this ?
              That's what ?yvind said two comments ago, right?

              BTW, the hex word after the date in my package version identifies the last git commit in that package, so please use that when referring to which packages you talk about. For instance, latest now is "2346fd7c".

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by tormod View Post
                That's what ?yvind said two comments ago, right?

                BTW, the hex word after the date in my package version identifies the last git commit in that package, so please use that when referring to which packages you talk about. For instance, latest now is "2346fd7c".
                I simply reverted commit f892154dbd0d8b6dd8abdf2196ab0c7c18327412 in my git-tree ("R3xx-R5xx: switch back to quad rendering for Xv"), and tear-free XVideo is back and working nicely on my ATI X1400. I'm not affected by the problem that this commit addresses, so I thought why not.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by tormod View Post
                  That's what ?yvind said two comments ago, right?
                  Right, that makes me look really stupid ... For the future I really shouldn't post after drinking alcohol.
                  As for hex word, sure I'll use it next time ...
                  Last edited by val-gaav; 21 December 2008, 05:22 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
                    Right, that makes me look really stupid ... For the future I really shouldn't post after drinking alcohol.
                    lol we got the issue confirmed at least I am pretty sure the developers will sort this out soon.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by tormod View Post
                      lol we got the issue confirmed at least I am pretty sure the developers will sort this out soon.
                      I'm seeing a commit with the comment "R3xx-R5xx: better fix for xv primitive tearing issues" from a few hours ago, so you might give it another shot now.

                      http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati/

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X