Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMDVLK Driver Still Being Fixed Up For Steam Play / Proton, Wayland Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDVLK Driver Still Being Fixed Up For Steam Play / Proton, Wayland Improvements

Phoronix: AMDVLK Driver Still Being Fixed Up For Steam Play / Proton, Wayland Improvements

The developers working on the official AMD Vulkan Windows/Linux driver have done their weekly push of the latest code to the open-source AMDVLK repositories...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Killer Instrinct.

Comment

Pretty cool. About 1/3rd of my Windows only games now work in Steam (approx). The others either have no sound (even through pavu is set-up correctly), pretend to run for a few seconds then crash, or crash instantly. But those that run, they run great. Very nice frame-rates. I'm looking forward for the improvements. Oh, also, one game uses the MSfonts, and there seems to be no way to set it up with the proton/wine steam play beta.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
        Pretty cool. About 1/3rd of my Windows only games now work in Steam (approx). The others either have no sound (even through pavu is set-up correctly), pretend to run for a few seconds then crash, or crash instantly. But those that run, they run great. Very nice frame-rates. I'm looking forward for the improvements. Oh, also, one game uses the MSfonts, and there seems to be no way to set it up with the proton/wine steam play beta.
        I assume you mean corefonts? You can install it via winetricks:

Code:
        wget  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winetricks/winetricks/master/src/winetricks
        chmod +x winetricks
        env WINEPREFIX="~/.steam/steamapps/compatdata/<appid>/pfx" ./winetricks corefonts
        I maybe incorrect in the WINEPREFIX location, but it's something like that. The appid can be found by going to the steam store page and look at the URL. As well you need to boot the game once before the WINEPREFIX shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post

I assume you mean corefonts? You can install it via winetricks:

Code:
          wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winetricks/winetricks/master/src/winetricks
          chmod +x winetricks
          env WINEPREFIX="~/.steam/steamapps/compatdata/<appid>/pfx" ./winetricks corefonts
          I maybe incorrect in the WINEPREFIX location, but it's something like that. The appid can be found by going to the steam store page and look at the URL. As well you need to boot the game once before the WINEPREFIX shows.
          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X