No announcement yet.

Trying Out AMDGPU DRM-Next Ahead Of Linux 4.20~5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you build the kernel from source to test it, or AMD provides some ready packages?

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

I propose "Linux 4.20 Stoned Sandpiper"
      Yeah... I really really hope that Linux 4.20 becomes a thing PLEASE

Comment

Gee I started reading the article/graphs and said to my self "nice they slowed things down"! Then at the end we see a massive improvement with VKMark.

I have to also agree with the previous comment about Ryzen APU's. My gut feeling, running various Fedora and the associated latest kernels, is that he GPU performance has gone up. That is we see better behaviour in GNOME, apps and such due to the improvements in the kernel, Mesa and so forth. Baring the hang my laptop gets maybe once a week or so Ryzen is looking really good. By the way I have not idea what causes the hang and as such might not even be Ryzen related.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattia_98 View Post

Yeah... I really really hope that Linux 4.20 becomes a thing PLEASE
          Considering the crazy codenames of the past, I'm sure it will happen.
          Wasn't long ago since it was called "Linux 4.7 Psychotic Stoned Sheep".

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

Considering the crazy codenames of the past, I'm sure it will happen.
            Wasn't long ago since it was called "Linux 4.7 Psychotic Stoned Sheep".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...x_kernel_names
            Well.. I enjoy your enthusiasm, but whit Greg now in the lead plus the whole SJW crowd, I'm afraid they will skip Linux version 4.20 because it might offend someone.. Sig

Comment

I know I'm asking a dumb question but I've only ever compiled the kernel a small hand full of times. Is there a flag somewhere in here to enable these features or is it just on by default? I read through the article and didn't find mention of any flags.

Thanks for you're patience.

Comment

Working...
              X