Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDVLK Driver Gets Fixes For DXVK, New Vulkan Extensions

Phoronix: AMDVLK Driver Gets Fixes For DXVK, New Vulkan Extensions

The AMD developers uploaded their public Git trees making up the "AMDVLK" open-source AMD Vulkan driver stack prior to ending out September...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Please make a comparison using wine \ proton in games: TW3, GTA V, Monster Hunter they are most revealing.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslou View Post
      Please make a comparison using wine \ proton in games: TW3, GTA V, Monster Hunter they are most revealing.
      Do any of those games have a built-in automated benchmarking mode? At last check there were very few Steam Play working games that were graphically interesting and also benchmark friendly.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Do any of those games have a built-in automated benchmarking mode? At last check there were very few Steam Play working games that were graphically interesting and also benchmark friendly.
        Unfortunately not all. But these games are popular and reflect the entire progress of the wine \ dxvk \ proton development. As an AMD user, I would like to understand which driver is better to use. Also Mike, I would like to hear your opinion about what kind of driver you would choose from going from a comfortable game.

Comment

I'm a little curious how the multi-GPU thing is supposed to work. I got the impression software had to be programmed explicitly to support it (even for DX12 and Vulkan). Does amdvlk+DXVK automatically utilize all available GPUs?

Originally posted by Maslou View Post
          Isn't GTAV not fully playable in wine/proton? Not much point benchmarking a game that isn't fully functional. If Michael is to benchmark any games over wine/proton, they should at least have a gold medal.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

GTA V does have a good in-game benchmark. I don't know about the other two though.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              I'm a little curious how the multi-GPU thing is supposed to work. I got the impression software had to be programmed explicitly to support it (even for DX12 and Vulkan). Does amdvlk+DXVK automatically utilize all available GPUs?

Isn't GTAV not fully playable in wine/proton? Not much point benchmarking a game that isn't fully functional. If Michael is to benchmark any games over wine/proton, they should at least have a gold medal.
              It is working now. I've been playing it a lot, and it runs really well. If you want to see it in action, The Linux Gamer has some of his livestreams up on his YouTube channel.

Comment

Minor typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                THe game Just
                Cause 3

Comment

Need to get more people using this driver...
                  Everybody is using RadV.

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
                    Need to get more people using this driver...
                    Everybody is using RadV.
                    because RADV is easier to setup, comes with Mesa, and last time I tried, worked better with DXVK.

Comment

Working...
                    X