Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• znmeb
    replied
    If it inspires reading of "Voyage to Arcturus" I'm all for it. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by timofonic View Post

I guess certain special names could be used for special situations.

What about a "killer" generation?
    This one is 大角星 and killer will be 天狼星

About next products guys from shanghai chiphell.com forums seems rumoring the best, but for that knowledge of chinese is needed or at least some translator

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    We are picking randomly within a category (bright stars) so that the name doesn't convey too much information about the product.

Before Polaris/Vega the internal code names were unrelated to the eventual marketing names - we're trying to get back to that for open source driver code to make pre-launch upstreaming easier.
    I guess certain special names could be used for special situations.

What about a "killer" generation?

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by mibo View Post
    Michael has to thank you for the additional traffic :-)
    Yeah, at least reddit policy has gone back to allowing linking to Phoronix rather than requiring posters to copy the source info from Phoronix but not mention them.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Which post?
    This one...

Phoronix: AMDGPU Driver Gets Patches Enabling Two More Interrupt Rings On Vega 10 While AMD's open-source Linux driver developers have been busy on bringing up Vega 20 support as well as Picasso APUs, they aren't done yet optimizing their Vega 10 support... http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMDGPU-More-IH

... but when I saw that the article had already been picked up on reddit I closed off the discussion there and restored my post here.

Leave a comment:

• mibo
    replied
    Michael has to thank you for the additional traffic :-)

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    We are picking randomly within a category (bright stars) so that the name doesn't convey too much information about the product.

Before Polaris/Vega the internal code names were unrelated to the eventual marketing names - we're trying to get back to that for open source driver code to make pre-launch upstreaming easier.
    Last edited by bridgman; 27 September 2018, 02:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Oh, no Sirius Sam yet

But yeah i guess they should keep brightest star name for the one if they plan to really kill nVidia
    Last edited by dungeon; 27 September 2018, 02:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by johanb View Post
    Bridgman edited his post to remove it, but you guys were fast enough to notice it.
    Which post?

Leave a comment:

• johanb
    replied
    Bridgman edited his post to remove it, but you guys were fast enough to notice it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X