AMD Picasso Support Comes To The RadeonSI OpenGL Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxie View Post
    Does anyone have any clue what the differences between Picasso and Raven2 are?
    One have just diferent rev id and one have different pci id... as code says

Other than that, maybe you can ask Bridgman who can't speak about unreleased products

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov View Post
      Let's hope we see this in some higher end notebooks. All the Raven Ridge laptops so far seem very low to mid end.
      I'm very pleased with my Raven Ridge (ENVY). I know it isn't "high end" but running Linux it runs better than my 2017 MBP 13" I had before that went missing. That isn't to say it doesn't have issues but at this point I'm not sure who is responsible for the remaining problems. I do know that each time there is a major kernel update from Fedora or a graphical system update performance goes up as does stability.

Could the machine be faster, certainly but that is the case with every computer I've owned since the Vic 20 was a new machine all those years ago. I suspect (frankly from following phoronix) that by kernel 4.19 and the next release of Fedora we will have reached pretty much full use of the hardware. This might be a mid range priced laptop but with these modern multi core processors you are getting a real bargain in performance over hardware just 2-3 years old.

Now given all of that Picassso already has me interested in what comes next. I just wish that we were seeing more AMD chips in small form factor machines because not every need I have is for a laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        Other than that, maybe you can ask Bridgman who can't speak about unreleased products
        Not talking about unreleased products is an important part of my job
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Of course, silence is part of the music
          Musica universalis as planets mathematics.
          Math is economy.
          Polaris, OK
          All that silence tricks started since likely Pythagoreanism movement about 2500 years ago
          Last edited by dungeon; 19 September 2018, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

"I know something about an unreleased product and you won't believe what happened next!!" by Bridgman

Comment

Working...
            X