No announcement yet.

AMD's RadeonSI/Gallium3D Linux Graphics Driver Gets Optimized For Ryzen CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD's RadeonSI/Gallium3D Linux Graphics Driver Gets Optimized For Ryzen CPUs

Phoronix: AMD's RadeonSI/Gallium3D Linux Graphics Driver Gets Optimized For Ryzen CPUs

It's arguably a bit late, but patches are now pending for optimizing the RadeonSI Gallium3D open-source Linux graphics driver for the AMD Ryzen CPU microarchitecture...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Really curious what real world improvements are...

Comment

well then... this doesnt affect me as ryzen APUs have a single CCX

Comment

as an owner of a 1700+vega64 combo - colour me interested!

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
          as an owner of a 1700+vega64 combo - colour me interested!
          Hey, That's my line!

Comment

Originally posted by oleyska View Post

Hey, That's my line!
            *yoink!*

Comment

It may revert state of art when often AMD GPUs with AMD CPUs are slowe compared to Intel CPU with AMD GPU and
              nVIdia GPUs are faster with AMD CPUs compared to nvidia GPUs with intel CPUs like on the picture form https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...00k-game&num=3

Comment

This interests me as a 1700+Vega56 user =).

Comment

Out of curiosity, is this code specific only to radeonSI? Because I'm not sure why other Gallium3D drivers couldn't be compatible either.

Though, I do understand that there isn't really a reason to care about other drivers. You're not going to use an ARM or Intel based GPU on an AMD platform and Nouveau's performance-related problems aren't really going to be solved by this.

Either way, this is very interesting stuff. I imagine this would have a pretty dramatic improvement for the APUs.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    I imagine this would have a pretty dramatic improvement for the APUs.
                    I was under the impression that the APU's are built with just a single CCX which means they don't have this issue to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                    X