X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• puleglot
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
    Why does Bas already have access to the hardware and how? My hope is that he got an early sample from AMD because they want to release a gamer-part now. RADV is only used for games until now - is it?
    Or he has remote access or emulator access and AMD wants to introduce RADV in their PRO driver in the (distant?) future.
    Just read the commit message:

Leave a comment:

• GruenSein
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
    Why does Bas already have access to the hardware and how? My hope is that he got an early sample from AMD because they want to release a gamer-part now. RADV is only used for games until now - is it?
    Or he has remote access or emulator access and AMD wants to introduce RADV in their PRO driver in the (distant?) future.
    I doubt both, tbh. As it is said in the article, Vega 20 isn't treated any differently from Vega 10. If I understand correctly this simply enables the driver to recognize the IDs associated with Vega 20. The changes which actually enable functionality specific to Vega 20 are only in LLVM/AMDGPU/DRM so far. And those were contributed by AMD.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied

Leave a comment:

• oleyska
    replied
    Originally posted by vein View Post
    My guess is that the release is heavyly dependent on TMSC now that globalfoundaries has withdrawn from 7nm chip market.
    looks to me it may be sooner than later and that nvidia is left on 12nm.
    seems like etailers aint restocking rx570\580's at all anymore.
    amd might release 7nm vega with near or 2070 performance and below while nvidia takes performance crown on 12nm with their absolutely huuuuge die's :P

Leave a comment:

• vein
    replied
    My guess is that the release is heavyly dependent on TMSC now that globalfoundaries has withdrawn from 7nm chip market.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Initial AMD Radeon "Vega 20" Support For RADV Vulkan Driver

Initial AMD Radeon "Vega 20" Support For RADV Vulkan Driver

Phoronix: Initial AMD Radeon "Vega 20" Support For RADV Vulkan Driver

The Vega 20 open-source driver enablement march continues with Bas Nieuwenhuizen, the RADV independent Radeon Vulkan driver co-founder, introducing an initial patch series this weekend adding support for the unreleased graphics processor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X