RadeonSI Compatibility Profile Now Supports OpenGL 4.5 On Mesa 18.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horstderheld View Post

OpenGL renderer string: Radeon RX 570 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.26.0, 4.18.5-arch1-1-ARCH, LLVM 8.0.0)
    OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 18.3.0-devel (git-8c0e3f3822)
    OpenGL version string: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 18.3.0-devel (git-8c0e3f3822)

I still have this broken ground textures https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=138835

For some reason it looks like one of the workarounds is not being applied force_glsl_extensions_warn=true

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post

What gpu do you have? I'd be surprised is you need llvm 7 for Wolfenstein. Although llvm 6 is known to be buggy so I guess it's possible.
      Timo he has (sent to me):

Distro: Mageia 6
      Kernel 4.18.5-1.
      Processor Raven Ridge 2400G
      GPU: Raven Ridge
      Wine: 3.14 (Staging)
      DXVK: dxvk-0.70
      Vulkan loader: 1.1.82
      Mesa: 20180828-1.git
      libdrm: 2.4.93
      GCC: 5.5.0
      I compiled everything from source, I grabbed the Fedora SRPMS for the Vulkan SDK and built them under Mageia. And thank you for your help, building the packages and watching how fast all this is moving is a lot more fun than the games.
      And I've got a screen shot from him (if you need).

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post

For some reason it looks like one of the workarounds is not being applied force_glsl_extensions_warn=true
        You're right, if i set force_glsl_extensions_warn=true, everything looks alright.

Comment

Oh wow, I spent the better part of a day compiling mesa-git and llvm-svn on Manjaro today and to my shock and surprise No Man's Sky finally runs on Wine Steam right out of the box! I didn't even have to use the "env force_glsl_extensions_warn=true" workaround mentioned previously.

It looks beautiful and appears to run perfectly. I was even able to use a mod to get rid of all the icky foggy stuff and distortion they place around the screen for some reason.

Keep in mind that I don't really play games much, and don't do much in No Man's Sky other than fly and wander around a little bit, occasionally firing at things. But it's pretty damn amazing if you ask me! Good job to all involved.

I can't give exact software specifications because I custom compile Wine and download and compile llvm and mesa in a chroot that requires a moderate amount of setup for successful compilation. However, here are the basics:

Software
          ---------
          Manjaro: Kernel 4.18.4
          llvm-svn: 8.0.0svn_r340523
          lib32-llvm-svn: 8.0.0svn_r340523
          mesa-git: 18.3.0_devel.104495.93b8b987d0
          lib32-mesa-git: 18.3.0_devel.104495.93b8b987d0

Wine: 3.14 with Wine Staging patches and selected patches from the wine-gaming-nine AUR

Hardware
          ----------
          CPU: FX-6300
          RAM: 8GB
          GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9-390
          MB: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 Rev 3.0
          Last edited by muncrief; 31 August 2018, 04:58 PM. Reason: Added software and system specifications.

Comment

Working...
          X