RadeonSI Compatibility Profile Now Supports OpenGL 4.5 On Mesa 18.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Compatibility Profile Now Supports OpenGL 4.5 On Mesa 18.3

Phoronix: RadeonSI Compatibility Profile Now Supports OpenGL 4.5 On Mesa 18.3

The work done by Valve open-source Linux GPU driver Timothy Arceri to implement OpenGL 4.5 compatibility profile has been merged into Git master for next quarter's Mesa 18.3 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The work done by Valve open-source Linux GPU driver Timothy Arceri
    I can already see the headline. Timothy Arceri: "I drive cars, robots, and GPUs"

Comment

This is awesome work! I wonder if there're plans on the intel side...maybe with the new galium driver?

Comment

So how far are AMD from replacing all closed bits in their PRO package with open ones?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          So how far are AMD from replacing all closed bits in their PRO package with open ones?
          I am sure they are getting closer with every commit, at least for the newest generations of hardware

Comment

Nice work! We still need the FreeSync user-space components. Not sure how the compute stuff is tracking (I haven't been following that closely). For the most part, the free software stack sounds like it's shaping up to fully replace the proprietary components of AMD's hybrid stack.

Comment

How good is the NIR backend already? Last time I've tested most games had graphical glitches or didn't work. Does somebody has done insight's about the progress? Worth trying again?

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
                How good is the NIR backend already? Last time I've tested most games had graphical glitches or didn't work. Does somebody has done insight's about the progress? Worth trying again?
                You should file bug reports for any such issue and we can investigate. The main thing holding up the NIR backend (besides testing) is bindless texture support which is still missing from NIR in general.

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post
                  This is awesome work! I wonder if there're plans on the intel side...maybe with the new galium driver?
                  Hmm, have I missed something? Which new driver?

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post

Hmm, have I missed something? Which new driver?
                    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Working...
                    X