Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RadeonSI Gets Another Handful Of OpenGL Extensions, Mirroring The PRO Driver's Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prazola View Post
    I'm not sure, last time I played on linux was in christmas 2017 then I quit games for a while and since april when I had more time and I got a huge performance loss in games.
    -Alien isolation 1080p ultra from 90+ to 40+ FPS, same with Shadow of Mordor and Tomb Raider. DE:MD from 70 to 20-30. It seems CSGO and superposition benchmark are not affected by the problem.
    Last firmwares installed, drivers and mesa from mesa-git, I even tried disabling spectre and meltdown protection.

This is with and i7 [email protected], 16GB 2400MHz (very low timings), and an r9 390x strix oc. CPU and GPU liquid cooled, Windows gaming is fine.
    I have no idea what could cause it, but I think my first test would be to revert your drivers to running the last stable Mesa release, just to compare and see if it improves at all.

Comment

prazola Which distro you are using?

Maybe try using some older live image of that distro to narrow down when it become slower

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
        prazola Which distro you are using?

Maybe try using some older live image of that distro to narrow down when it become slower
        Arch.

Comment

Originally posted by prazola View Post

Arch.
          Hmm, does Michael have any similar card on linuxbenchmarking? So you can check if in any of his systems have suffered the same regressions?

If not, you will have to try bisect this by yourself

Comment

Working...
          X