X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masush5
    replied
    Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
    Is there any reason it wasn't possible to implement the DOOM exception trough driconf?
    There is no driconf integration for mesa vulkan drivers yet.

Leave a comment:

• Leopard
    replied
    Originally posted by gukin View Post
    How about getting Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and The New Order going? Not that I'm complaining, I can play those games by stuffing in my GTX 960 but I like playing with the Gallium HUD.

It sounds like Steam may be banking on gamers who refuse to use Windows 10. I know I won't go to Windows 10 and I'm just pleased as punch to see how far WINE, and Mesa have come and how they're not slowing down.
    Afaik New Order needs some compat profile for AMD but looking at how aged this game , that is understandable that game is not high on priority list.

Leave a comment:

• PackRat
    replied
    Doom 2016 "runs out of the box on Linux"- Bethesda, Kronos group gdc march 23 2018 @ 46:18

Not released because reasons... or did someone break stuff like libpng12 because reasons.

Leave a comment:

• gukin
    replied
    How about getting Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and The New Order going? Not that I'm complaining, I can play those games by stuffing in my GTX 960 but I like playing with the Gallium HUD.

It sounds like Steam may be banking on gamers who refuse to use Windows 10. I know I won't go to Windows 10 and I'm just pleased as punch to see how far WINE, and Mesa have come and how they're not slowing down.

Leave a comment:

• M@yeulC
    replied
    I must confess really not being fond of those hardcoded exceptions, especially if it ends up deeply nested in some parts of the code. Is there any reason it wasn't possible to implement the DOOM exception trough driconf? Especially as those "quirks" likely need to be shared among Vulkan drivers.

At least, as the function name seems to be "radv_handle_per_app_options", it seems quite contained and could be moved to a hypothetical shared code path in the future, I guess?

Leave a comment:

• kaprikawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Danniello View Post
    I'm still little concerned what will be this Steam "compatibility tools"... It could be possibility to start win32 binaries from native Linux Steam and... that's it. No support at all (except community like it is now with "standard" wine).

Probably there will be no official support from game developer/publisher, but Valve involvement could mean that at least there will be strong "unofficial" support from them.

Since when have Linux users cared about or relied upon official support? It's always mainly been community support.

It's not reasonable to expect support from a company that has only released a game on Windows for releases on other platforms using third-party workarounds.

Leave a comment:

• Danniello
    replied
    Originally posted by Brisse View Post
    Valves focus on getting compatability profiles in order... DXVK... MoltenVK... Steam Play... It's all starting to make such perfect sense now
    I'm still little concerned what will be this Steam "compatibility tools"... It could be possibility to start win32 binaries from native Linux Steam and... that's it. No support at all (except community like it is now with "standard" wine).

Probably there will be no official support from game developer/publisher, but Valve involvement could mean that at least there will be strong "unofficial" support from them.

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Valves focus on getting compatability profiles in order... DXVK... MoltenVK... Steam Play... It's all starting to make such perfect sense now

Leave a comment:

• Leopard
    replied
    I think that is related to Doom VFR , Doom 2016's VR version.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic RAGE & Doom Get Radeon Workarounds In Mesa 18.3-dev

RAGE & Doom Get Radeon Workarounds In Mesa 18.3-dev

Phoronix: RAGE & Doom Get Radeon Workarounds In Mesa 18.3-dev

If you are looking to enjoy id Software's RAGE or Doom games this weekend on Linux via Wine, they should be playing nicer with the latest open-source Mesa graphics driver code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X