Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU Gets More Features For Linux 4.19 Kernel

Phoronix: AMDGPU Gets More Features For Linux 4.19 Kernel

On top of AMDGPU improvements/features already staged for Linux 4.19, the AMD folks on Thursday sent in their seemingly last set of feature updates to DRM-Next ahead of the Linux 4.19 kernel merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Be nice if they give it a GUI configuration screen (not one of those incomplete broken unofficial ones for old drivers). Give us the ability to enable tear free options, hdmi audio, freesync for ogl and vulkan... that be awesome..

Comment

Is there any progress with GPU reset? Hard system hangs caused by buggy llvm backend in radv are something that can benefit a lot from GPU reset support (it still happens with dxvk sometimes).

Last time I tried it with Vega, it didn't work (i.e. using /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/amdgpu_gpu_recover).
      Last edited by shmerl; 20 July 2018, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
        Be nice if they give it a GUI configuration screen (not one of those incomplete broken unofficial ones for old drivers). Give us the ability to enable tear free options, hdmi audio, freesync for ogl and vulkan... that be awesome..
        It's all in the responsibility of the DE, no need to duplicate and complicate things. The compositor handles vertical sync, the PA widget the audio. Apart from that, FreeSync isn't even close, so there's no need for a GUI.

The only thing I could imagine a useful GUI right now for amdgpu is the "WattMan" functionality for advanced power management.
        Last edited by juno; 20 July 2018, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          Is there any progress with GPU reset? Hard system hangs caused by buggy llvm backend in radv are something that can benefit a lot from GPU reset support (it still happens with dxvk sometimes).

Last time I tried it with Vega, it didn't work (i.e. using /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/amdgpu_gpu_recover).
          There's also a module option, have you tried it?
          modinfo amdgpu.ko.xz|grep recove
          parm: gpu_recovery:Enable GPU recovery mechanism, (1 = enable, 0 = disable, -1 = auto) (int)

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
            Patience, young Padawan

Comment

I hope they fix the multiple display support. My second display sometimes flickers. Suspend no longer works. This is really annoying.

Comment

I just wish the damn thing would stop freezing on my Vega 10-based Acer SF315-41, assuming that's what it is as I haven't been able to get any info at all but others have. I have tried enabling the GPU reset but it doesn't work here.

Comment

any progress on the freesync front?

Comment

Originally posted by Aleksei View Post

There's also a module option, have you tried it?
                    modinfo amdgpu.ko.xz|grep recove
                    parm: gpu_recovery:Enable GPU recovery mechanism, (1 = enable, 0 = disable, -1 = auto) (int)
                    If it doesn't work manually, I suppose there is no point to enable the module either.

Comment

Working...
                    X