Raven Ridge APUs Get Minor Performance Boost With Latest RADV Vulkan Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raven Ridge APUs Get Minor Performance Boost With Latest RADV Vulkan Driver

Phoronix: Raven Ridge APUs Get Minor Performance Boost With Latest RADV Vulkan Driver

The Raven Ridge Linux support continues to maturing. The latest on these Zen+Vega APUs using the open-source AMD Radeon Linux graphics driver stack should be slightly better performance when using the RADV Vulkan driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can someone explain what DFSM is in this context?
    Last edited by VikingGe; 19 July 2018, 05:57 AM.

Comment

And then hopefully we finally get some beast mode Raven Ridge laptops to run that open source goodness on (really, really not enjoying Intel+nVidia right now, especially with Ubuntu 18.04's horribly broken Optimus support).

Comment

I wonder if Ryzen 2200G is finally working for 3D?

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
          Can someone explain what DFSM is in this context?
          i dont know exactly what it is, but its a part of primitive binning

Comment

My son's Raven Ridge 2400 recently took on a large number of updates and the last one from AMD improved performance considerably, plus it resolved an irritating bug in Fortnite.

Comment

As of Linux 4.17.3 (and later) Mesa 18.1.4 with llvm 6.0.1 my Raven Ridge 2400g has been very, very stable. Now I get to watch it get faster, fun. I haven't seen a CPU hang since Mesa 18.1.1.

Comment

Good news! My HP Envy is far more stable with the latest Fedora updates. Not perfect overcall but far fewer keyboard hangs and issues coming out of low power mode. Ive actually have been pleaseantly surprised by the GPU performance as it runs the GUI in a very snappy manner. I cant say Fedora is perfect yet on this platform but it is now highly usable!!!!

now if there was only a world where Evlipse does not break right and left.

Comment

Originally posted by gukin View Post
                  As of Linux 4.17.3 (and later) Mesa 18.1.4 with llvm 6.0.1 my Raven Ridge 2400g has been very, very stable.
                  Can you put that system into S3 sleep (suspend to RAM) and resume from that successfully?

Comment

Originally posted by dwagner View Post
                    Can you put that system into S3 sleep (suspend to RAM) and resume from that successfully?
                    Absolutely, that's how I leave it and it reliably powers up by poking the keyboard or hitting it with a WOL packet. The only caveat is that I'm running Mageia 6 with some bits from Mageia Cauldron (bits = mesa 18.1.4, kernel 4.17.6, llvm.6.0.1). Other than that my Raven Ridge 2400G is an utter delight. If you want my HW specs, I'll let you know, aside from the memory it's a budget build.

Comment

Working...
                    X