Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandR Lease Support Appears Ready For AMDGPU X.Org Driver

Phoronix: RandR Lease Support Appears Ready For AMDGPU X.Org Driver

Keith Packard doing his contract work for Valve to improve the Linux display infrastructure for VR head-mounted displays has been wrapping up his efforts with recently landing the Vulkan bits into Mesa and now the necessary xf86-video-amdgpu patches also are set to be merged there in the days ahead...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's great and all, but after x.org 1.20 landed in Debian Sid with GNOME I can't even log in to an x session anymore. The whole system just instantly freezes as soon as the desktop shows up. Luckily Wayland works alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
      That's great and all, but after x.org 1.20 landed in Debian Sid with GNOME I can't even log in to an x session anymore. The whole system just instantly freezes as soon as the desktop shows up. Luckily Wayland works alright.
      If that's with the radeon driver, it's probably https://bugs.freedesktop.org/105381 , fixed by https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/45979/ .

Otherwise, please file a bug report.

Comment

MrCooper It's with AMDGPU actually, or more specifically with amdgpu.dc enabled, which is default now that kernel 4.17 is out.

Comment

I'm wondering if it will require a Keith Packard for the Linux world to define how adaptive sync would work so it could finally be implemented...

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post
            I'm wondering if it will require a Keith Packard for the Linux world to define how adaptive sync would work so it could finally be implemented...
            If cloning ever becomes viable Keith should be on top of the list.

Comment

Working...
            X