Mesa 18.2 Git Lands RadeonSI OpenGL 4.4 Compatibility Profile Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 18.2 Git Lands RadeonSI OpenGL 4.4 Compatibility Profile Support

Phoronix: Mesa 18.2 Git Lands RadeonSI OpenGL 4.4 Compatibility Profile Support

It was just four days ago that Valve Linux GPU driver developer Timothy Arceri was thinking it could take a while before having OpenGL 4.4 compatibility profile support for RadeonSI, but tonight that milestone is checked off the list...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

the Dyling Light game.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael
      mute point
      moot point

tildearrow is slacking.

Comment

I literally took "mute point" as in "it does not matter".

Comment

Anyone given RAGE a go? I'm not home to try it at the moment.

Comment

Good to see this point closed! Did someone had luck and got dying light running on a Arch Linux based system?

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
              Good to see this point closed! Did someone had luck and got dying light running on a Arch Linux based system?
              As expected, Dying Light still does not work for me so it was unrelated to Mesa :'/

Comment

Well, atleast all of those other programs that still use the compat profile can benefit.......like Chrome, Minecraft etc.

Comment

so the last remaining advantage of the -pro opengl version is for the Workstation yes? I wonder if they will start certifying the open driver for that - that'd be an awesome win!

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                    so the last remaining advantage of the -pro opengl version is for the Workstation yes? I wonder if they will start certifying the open driver for that - that'd be an awesome win!
                    What about floating point visuals/framebuffer configs?

Comment

Working...
                    X