Mesa 18.2 Git Lands RadeonSI OpenGL 4.4 Compatibility Profile Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 18.2 Git Lands RadeonSI OpenGL 4.4 Compatibility Profile Support

Phoronix: Mesa 18.2 Git Lands RadeonSI OpenGL 4.4 Compatibility Profile Support

It was just four days ago that Valve Linux GPU driver developer Timothy Arceri was thinking it could take a while before having OpenGL 4.4 compatibility profile support for RadeonSI, but tonight that milestone is checked off the list...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ands-44-Compat

the Dyling Light game.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael
      mute point
      moot point

tildearrow is slacking.

Comment

I literally took "mute point" as in "it does not matter".

Comment

Anyone given RAGE a go? I'm not home to try it at the moment.

Comment

Good to see this point closed! Did someone had luck and got dying light running on a Arch Linux based system?

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
              Good to see this point closed! Did someone had luck and got dying light running on a Arch Linux based system?
              As expected, Dying Light still does not work for me so it was unrelated to Mesa :'/

Comment

Well, atleast all of those other programs that still use the compat profile can benefit.......like Chrome, Minecraft etc.

Comment

so the last remaining advantage of the -pro opengl version is for the Workstation yes? I wonder if they will start certifying the open driver for that - that'd be an awesome win!

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                    so the last remaining advantage of the -pro opengl version is for the Workstation yes? I wonder if they will start certifying the open driver for that - that'd be an awesome win!
                    What about floating point visuals/framebuffer configs?

Comment

Working...
                    X