Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RadeonSI GL 4.4 Compat Patches Make Wolfenstein & Doom With OpenGL Happy In Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

I don't think that the patches make a difference in Dying Light. So far this game didn't work with the overrides on Mesa (MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450 %command%), it just crashes after showing a black loading screen.
    Like that for me too and many other on non *buntu systems

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
      Like that for me too and many other on non *buntu systems
      I read that it crashes like this also since Ubuntu 18.04 with FOSS drivers.

Comment

I don't think that the patches make a difference in Dying Light. So far this game didn't work with the overrides on Mesa (MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450 %command%), it just crashes after showing a black loading screen.

I can confirm Dying Light is still working great with this series, it doesn't require any overrides and changes to the graphical settings no longer cause crashes

Comment

Yip that's me, the game used to crash when I changed graphical settings, it doesn't any more. Plus I don't need the manual OpenGL override any more

Comment

On my system with Mesa 18.0.x and an RX480, Dying Light is working great for me (with the above overrides). I picked it up in a recent sale and have been really enjoying it. Am about halfway through. I had some crashes while escaping from The Pit. They seemed to be triggered by me taking damage; after a few tries I was able to make it through and haven't seen a crash since.

It sounds like I'd better not upgrade my Mesa until 18.2 is available.

Comment

Originally posted by toojays View Post

On my system with Mesa 18.0.x and an RX480, Dying Light is working great for me (with the above overrides). I picked it up in a recent sale and have been really enjoying it. Am about halfway through. I had some crashes while escaping from The Pit. They seemed to be triggered by me taking damage; after a few tries I was able to make it through and haven't seen a crash since.

It sounds like I'd better not upgrade my Mesa until 18.2 is available.
              Are you on Ubuntu (or derivative)? Because the people that have that issue aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
                Older Wolfenstein games based on Id Tech 5 are OpenGL games and require compat profiles.
                Ah - right. Then I'll finally be able to finish New Order.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

Are you on Ubuntu (or derivative)? Because the people that have that issue aren't.
                  I'm on Debian stretch, with Mesa built from source. I've pulled some dependencies (e.g. libdrm, forget what else) in from Debian testing.

Selected bits from my Steam system info in case anyone cares:
                  X Server Release: 11902000
                  Driver: X.Org AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics (POLARIS10 / DRM 3.19.0 / 4.14.0-0.bpo.3-amd64, LLVM 6.0.0)
                  Driver Version: 3.0 Mesa 18.0.0

Comment

Originally posted by toojays View Post

I'm on Debian stretch, with Mesa built from source. I've pulled some dependencies (e.g. libdrm, forget what else) in from Debian testing.

Selected bits from my Steam system info in case anyone cares:
                    X Server Release: 11902000
                    Driver: X.Org AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics (POLARIS10 / DRM 3.19.0 / 4.14.0-0.bpo.3-amd64, LLVM 6.0.0)
                    Driver Version: 3.0 Mesa 18.0.0
                    Oh it works with Debian interesting!

Comment

Fan-freakin-tastic! Yeah! Great News!

Comment

Working...
                      X