Vega 20 GPU Support & VCN Clock/Power Gating Sent In For Linux 4.18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vega 20 GPU Support & VCN Clock/Power Gating Sent In For Linux 4.18

Phoronix: Vega 20 GPU Support & VCN Clock/Power Gating Sent In For Linux 4.18

Last week was the main AMDGPU features update for Linux 4.18 via DRM-Next while today a secondary pull request of further feature work has been submitted...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Edit: According to bridgman , we should disregard the following info.

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Not much is known yet on Vega 20
    Their published (i.e. not leaked) roadmap says they'll be sampling 7 nm Vega by the end of 2018. I know we don't have definitive proof that Vega 20 is this chip, but you could do better than to say "not much is known".

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12233...-vega-on-7nm/9

AMD clarified its remarks by saying that this product will not be aimed at gamers, but will be a version of Vega specifically for machine learning, and they expect only to be sampling select customers with early silicon at the time.
    Based on the LLVM patches you've previously reported, this definitely sounds like Vega 20.

This slide above lays most of it out: the design will be an optimized version of Vega, which means it might not look much like a Vega GPU as we know it. AMD is planning that this product is used both for training and inference, with a focus on new deep learning operations – specifically aimed at HPC clusters.
    Last edited by coder; 25 May 2018, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
      Their published (i.e. not leaked) roadmap says they'll be sampling 7 nm Vega by the end of 2018. I know we don't have definitive proof that Vega 20 is this chip, but you could do better than to say "not much is known".
      I read that article. Michael is right
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        I read that article. Michael is right
        I appreciate the correction. I'll amend my post.

Comment

Working...
        X