AMDGPU DC Fixes For Linux 4.17 Take Care Of "The Dark Screen Issue"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU DC Fixes For Linux 4.17 Take Care Of "The Dark Screen Issue"

Phoronix: AMDGPU DC Fixes For Linux 4.17 Take Care Of "The Dark Screen Issue"

AMD's Alex Deucher has sent in a small set of fixes for the AMDGPU Direct Rendering Manager driver in the Linux 4.17 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Aah, nice
    Was having this dark screen issue with my Fury.

Comment

Are the issues with audio over hdmi/dp actually gone with 4.16/4.17? I use a 4.1.5 kernel with the boot option to make use of amdgpu.dc, but still no audio...

Comment

Originally posted by sverris View Post
        Are the issues with audio over hdmi/dp actually gone with 4.16/4.17? I use a 4.1.5 kernel with the boot option to make use of amdgpu.dc, but still no audio...
        Not sure if it was backported to .15, but 16+ are good AFAICT:

EDID channel count patch

Comment

Originally posted by Noee View Post

Not sure if it was backported to .15, but 16+ are good AFAICT:

EDID channel count patch
          Just tested a 4.16 - also no audio...

Comment

Which kernel fixes the flickering bug?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
              please, this - it's annoying as hell

Comment

Does anyone know if 4.17 has stabilized GPU functionality on the Raven Ridge GPUs?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                  It got fixed for me with the previous fix commit for 4.17.

Comment

The audio channel count bug got fixed a while ago, the fix is in 4.17 and should be backported https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=196637
                    and https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=101900 this enables HBR audio like DTS HT master and so forth.

But the bandwidth bug present since the early days is still there and not fixed yet. https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=86351
                    problem, from what i heard & understand: the amd guys aren't audio experts, so this isn't a priority.

So the audio 'flickers' depending on the load of the machine.

Any help is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X