AMDGPU DC Begins Reworking FreeSync Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

Depends on the size of the screen. For typical PC Desktops higher resolutions are overrated. 1440p is only really useful for 24+ sized screens, ideally 27in. For 22-23in screens 1440p won't make that much of a difference compared to 1080p quality wise. Better framerates are vastly more important, as is colour accuracy.
    Nice subjective opinion you have there. Some people notice texture quality more than framerate. Higher resolutions especially allow fonts to be rendered much better, which is a huge benefit for long term reading or software development. I will never go back from my 2160p screen, and my eyes thank me.

Comment

Originally posted by pcxmac View Post
      a regression I believe. I have seen other comments/bugs about it doing a google search. Screen had no issues prior to 4.16, now my furyx + freesync monitor + tearfree option is flickering every 10-30 seconds. have a second monitor and apparently it is blinking too, just not as noticeable.

https://github.com/M-Bab/linux-kerne...ries/issues/50
      I get the screen flickering with a RX480 4GB, KDE, Debian Unstable. I am using 4.16-rc3 and do not get the flickering, but do with anything newer.

Comment

Will FreeSync be working with the 4.18 linux kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
          Will FreeSync be working with the 4.18 linux kernel?
          You need to use the out of tree patches or the packaged driver for now.

Comment

Working...
          X