RadeonSI Now Supports KHR_blend_equation_advanced, Needed For OpenGL ES 3.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Now Supports KHR_blend_equation_advanced, Needed For OpenGL ES 3.2

Phoronix: RadeonSI Now Supports KHR_blend_equation_advanced, Needed For OpenGL ES 3.2

RadeonSI Gallium3D has caught up to the fellow Intel i965 and Nouveau NVC0 drivers in supporting the OpenGL KHR_blend_equation_advanced extension...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

there are AMD provided tools that support it (https://gpuopen.com/compressonator-v...ease-delivers/) are you sure the hardware does not?

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
      there are AMD provided tools that support it (https://gpuopen.com/compressonator-v...ease-delivers/) are you sure the hardware does not?
      I think Vega can do ASTC but older cards can't (in HW)

Comment

I hope that includes the coherency sub-extension otherwise it is pretty difficult to use

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
          I hope that includes the coherency sub-extension otherwise it is pretty difficult to use
          What exactly is so important about that extension?

Comment

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
            What exactly is so important about that extension?
            Without it you have to change the pipeline to use the new blending equations, with it, you can just enable them like any other blending equation/function.

Comment

mesa (92.6%) 226 4.5 3.2
              radeonsi (90.2%) 220 4.5 3.1
              i965 (89.8%) 219 4.5 3.2

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

Without it you have to change the pipeline to use the new blending equations, with it, you can just enable them like any other blending equation/function.
                That improved flexibility is certainly a good improvement in functionality.

To be clear, is the extension you talk about the GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent mentioned in the GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced extension?
                In it It uses both name strings but mentions.
                Some implementations may support KHR_blend_equation_advanced without
                supporting KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent.
                Khronos should separate KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent into it's own extension. And remove KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent name string from KHR_blend_equation_advanced.
                Or if it's impossible to remove it, create another extension for indicating support for coherent blending.
                Last edited by plonoma; 04 April 2018, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X