Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDKFD Updates For Linux 4.17 Round Out dGPU Support

Phoronix: AMDKFD Updates For Linux 4.17 Round Out dGPU Support

Earlier this month was the big batch of AMDKFD driver updates for DRM-Next / Linux 4.17 for getting the Radeon discrete GPU support squared away. Now coming in as a late pull request is the rest of that dGPU work for AMDKFD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Dave Airlie merged the pull request to his drm-next tree, so unless something really out of the ordinary happens, the GPUVM support will be included in 4.17

Comment

Originally posted by odedgabbay View Post
      Dave Airlie merged the pull request to his drm-next tree, so unless something really out of the ordinary happens, the GPUVM support will be included in 4.17
      Thank you very much for your work, Oded!

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

Thank you very much for your work, Oded!
        Happy to do this job, but the thanks should really go to AMD people who worked hard on this.

Comment

Originally posted by odedgabbay View Post

Happy to do this job, but the thanks should really go to AMD people who worked hard on this.
          We all know, but we all 'know', too that you were a former AMD man and you are still one of the maintainers!
          Next step for me: clone 4.17-drm-next and the right ROCm git tree

Addendum
          Hopefully my 'old' Xeon X3470 (Nehalem) PCIe 2.0 only system works together with my RX580 even without PCIe 3.0 atomics.
          Last edited by nuetzel; 30 March 2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
            Addendum
            Hopefully my 'old' Xeon X3470 (Nehalem) PCIe 2.0 only system works together with my RX580 even without PCIe 3.0 atomics.
            Same situation with my dual Opteron PCIe 2.0 system and RX580 8GB.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
              Same situation with my dual Opteron PCIe 2.0 system and RX580 8GB.
              I got it worse with a SandyBridge E5 Xeon. It even has PCIe 3.0 and is still pretty fast, especially with the NVMe card I've got in a x4 PCIe 3.0 slot!

Thing is, I don't want to replace it before there's hardware with proper Specter & Meltdown fixes.

Comment

Working...
              X