Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest AMDGPU DC Plays Nicer With Raven Ridge But Still Linux Gaming Stability Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disabling C6 makes my 2400G usable. Almost no lockups. Please see the kernel bug report.

Ubuntu 18.04 is worthless, kernel 4.15 and 4.16 are very unstable (even with C6 disabled) and lots of display corruption. Manjaro 17.1 is working almost perfect, only some KDE issues from time to time.

Comment

It is a shame that the NOCBS fix is still neccessary. I had to fish for that fix for my work computer too a couple of months ago. I suspect that ryzen+ won't address this issue either, maybe we'd have to wait for the updated Zen2 architecture for that to happen. Disabling C6 is fine for desktop CPUs, but what do we do when we get to mobile chips?

Comment

This isn't related to faulty C6 State hang is it? (I thought is was C1)

I use a bootup time disabler for my 1600 since it doesn't allow specific state disabling in bios (just disables them all).
        Last edited by theriddick; 25 March 2018, 11:29 PM.

Comment

You think Raven Ridge needs some time to stabilize? How long do you think it will take for updates to come which will make it more stable?
          As much as I like AMD, it's sad that they don't seem to have time to fix these very critical issues.
          My R5 1600 still hangs once every 1-2 weeks, and this has been going on since back in August when I bought it which is not acceptable!

Comment

phoronix reproduced and reported the errors at https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...ch/020580.html

Comment

Today I tested my Ryzen 3 2200G again on the ASRock AB350M Pro4 and after upgrading Arch Linux to the latest linux 4.15.13 with just the kernel parameter amdgpu.dc=1, linux-firmware 20180314 and mesa 18.0 the system runs stable on Plasma-Wayland 5.12.3. OpenGL acceleration works well in Plasma-Wayland and in games.
              Last edited by R41N3R; 30 March 2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X