Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FirePro V9800 and FirePro 2460 eyefinity setup under opensource radeon driver stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FirePro V9800 and FirePro 2460 eyefinity setup under opensource radeon driver stack

Dear people, dear linux geeks,

I am long time lurker on Phoronix site and today I have problem which I can't solve by googling. That problem is called eyefinity on opensource radeon drivers

Can someone help me setup eyefinity with these cards under Linux?

My distro is Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS and I am aware that the fglrx drivers are no longer supported, I googled the internet only to find that the best solution is open source drivers radeon.

I found on https://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature/ that the drivers support eyefinity since both of these cards are terascale2 architecture.

So far I couldn't find a single tutorial or someone's configuration on how to setup eyefinity for 6 monitors and 4 monitors respectively on open source radeon stack.

Can someone please help, some guidance, tips etc anything is helpful !

Best Regards

Plug in the monitors and use xrandr or your desktop environment's monitor configuration tool to configure them.

Comment

Configuration is easy, but eyefinity feature to have all 6 or 4 displays behave as 1 desktop

Comment

That's how it should work normally - typically your desktop environment will configure it automatically, but if you need to do it manually then (a) set up a virtual screen big enough to cover all of your displays (that might still need xorg.conf entry, not sure) and (b) use xrandr to position each display's viewport in the appropriate part of that big virtual screen.
        Test signature

Comment

No need to mess with virtual desktops. Just use xrandr to position the displays in whatever orientation you want, 2x2, 2x3, 1x4, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X