Radeon Pro 18.Q1.1 Enterprise Edition Released For Linux Workstations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Pro 18.Q1.1 Enterprise Edition Released For Linux Workstations

Phoronix: Radeon Pro 18.Q1.1 Enterprise Edition Released For Linux Workstations

AMD on Monday quietly released their quarterly update to the Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition Linux driver that is derived from their AMDGPU-PRO stack for FirePro / Radeon Pro class hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So, I guess SLES/SLED support is now a thing of the past?

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
      I came just to ask the same question

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
        Not sure - the 18Q1 release is a bug-fixed version of 17.50 with additional testing, so it makes sense that the same OS restrictions would apply. I don't think it necessarily represents a policy change but will try to find out.
        Test signature

Comment

Making good strides! Now if only I could get that 7nm Vega or Navi. Sorry AMD, Vega terrible power consumption, performance, and it's poor Linux support pushed me to purchase my first personally owned Nvidia card. Until a worth while AMD card comes out, I'm stuck with my Nvidia 1080 Ti. If you can come up with something close to the 1080 Ti (even if it doesn't best it) and has good power consumption (none of this triple 8 pin nonsense or over 400w peak power consumption), I'll jump ship in a heart beat and sell my 1080 Ti.

Waiting for you to win me back.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksurf View Post
            has good power consumption
            Have to agree on Vega's power problems. This was a bad call. I feel like they should've just made it wider - not faster. But I'm guessing GCN has architectural limitations that kept it from wanting to go above 64 CUs.

Originally posted by Darksurf View Post
            Waiting for you to win me back.
            Well, if Dr. Su is capable of doing to the GPU division what she did to AMD's CPUs, then they'll probably have something compelling on offer. I'm hoping the reason 2018 is projected to be devoid of consumer AMD GPU launches is that they're busily designing a proper GCN successor.

In the meantime, I think Polaris (and even Vega 56) would represent a good value, if it sold at the intended prices.

Comment

Working...
            X