• gwilly7
    replied
    Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    Thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by gwilly7 View Post

Sorry I am referring to passing audio such as DTS or TrueHD to the receiver for processing instead of the pc processing.
    Fixed with this patch:
    https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlie...c9861bea9c41a2

Leave a comment:

• gwilly7
    replied

Can you clarify this statement? What do you mean by passthrough vs 5.1 audio?
    Sorry I am referring to passing audio such as DTS or TrueHD to the receiver for processing instead of the pc processing. From looking around I should be able to select the audio codecs that my receiver is able to process but I do not see these options. I do not have an advanced tab to select these options. Thank you for any help it is greatly appreciated.

Enable passthrough for our audio output device
    This is done using pavucontrol where we can enable passtrough in advanced settings for our digital output through HDMI, or S/PDIF resp.:

Leave a comment:

• Mez'
    replied

I suppose he means hdmi audio is working with the receiver but not on the TV when the receiver is off (pass-through activated).
    I've personnally never tried that as TV speakers are always just horribly spitting sound out anyways.
    Video passthrough is also working fine for me though.
    Last edited by Mez'; 03-22-2018, 09:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by gwilly7 View Post
    I can get [email protected] no problem, but I am not able to get hdmi audio passthrough to work, I am able to get hdmi 5.1 audio though. Is it possible to get hdmi audo passthrough working with these processors yet?

Leave a comment:

• gwilly7
    replied
    I am new to the forum so hello everyone. I have recently built a system with the Ryzen 2400G processor and installed Ubuntu 18.04 and am using the amdgpu.dc=1 boot parameter as well. Seems to be working well, but I have one question. I am using this for an htpc and have the pc going through my Dennon x2300w to a Vizio P65-C1. I can get [email protected] no problem, but I am not able to get hdmi audio passthrough to work, I am able to get hdmi 5.1 audio though. Is it possible to get hdmi audo passthrough working with these processors yet?

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by flaphoronix View Post
    I am utterly confused by AMD card/driver naming and support policy.
    May I kindly ask what is any suggested Linux OS + driver configuration for developing/running OpenCL (1.1 I guess) on an AMD Barts (HD 6850)?
    I had a look at Airlie's work but couldn't figure out a supported config. Thanks
    There isn't much in the way of open source OpenCL support for pre-GCN hardware as far as I know - the code exists but I don't think it is even at 1.1 level. Best bet would probably be to install Ubuntu 14.04.1 or 14.04.2 (not one of the later HW enablement versions) and a copy of fglrx with support for that HW generation. Our driver download page recommends the 15.9 release for your needs:

https://support.amd.com/en-us/downlo...86_64&rev=15.9

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
    If you do not know how to compile your own kernel for newer drivers, you are too stupid to use Linux.

Go back to Windows where the driver support and compatibility is way superior to what is available on Linux.
    You literally just called yourself too stupid to use linux. Really? Do you really think that lowly of yourself?

Leave a comment:

• flaphoronix
    replied
    I am utterly confused by AMD card/driver naming and support policy.
    May I kindly ask what is any suggested Linux OS + driver configuration for developing/running OpenCL (1.1 I guess) on an AMD Barts (HD 6850)?
    I had a look at Airlie's work but couldn't figure out a supported config. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Ansla
    replied
    Originally posted by Mez' View Post
    So, it means that you're using them separately for different users (hence dual seat). Each gpu (iGPU and dGPU) renders a different session. I was thinking you managed to couple them for extra power. I should have known as this (crossfire) isn't possible on Linux afaik.

Thank you for your answer in any case.
    The RX 480 is powerfull enough that the CPU is the limiting factor in any game, so crossfire would not make any sense in my configuration. On the other hand, the Kaveri has enough cores that if my kid plays some casual game on the second seat it doesn't affect my frame rate on the primary one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X