No announcement yet.

Linux 4.17 To Enable AMDGPU DC By Default For All Supported GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new to the forum so hello everyone. I have recently built a system with the Ryzen 2400G processor and installed Ubuntu 18.04 and am using the amdgpu.dc=1 boot parameter as well. Seems to be working well, but I have one question. I am using this for an htpc and have the pc going through my Dennon x2300w to a Vizio P65-C1. I can get 4k@60hz no problem, but I am not able to get hdmi audio passthrough to work, I am able to get hdmi 5.1 audio though. Is it possible to get hdmi audo passthrough working with these processors yet?

Comment

Originally posted by gwilly7 View Post
      I can get 4k@60hz no problem, but I am not able to get hdmi audio passthrough to work, I am able to get hdmi 5.1 audio though. Is it possible to get hdmi audo passthrough working with these processors yet?
      Can you clarify this statement? What do you mean by passthrough vs 5.1 audio?

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

I suppose he means hdmi audio is working with the receiver but not on the TV when the receiver is off (pass-through activated).
        I've personnally never tried that as TV speakers are always just horribly spitting sound out anyways.
        Video passthrough is also working fine for me though.
        Last edited by Mez'; 22 March 2018, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

Sorry I am referring to passing audio such as DTS or TrueHD to the receiver for processing instead of the pc processing. From looking around I should be able to select the audio codecs that my receiver is able to process but I do not see these options. I do not have an advanced tab to select these options. Thank you for any help it is greatly appreciated.

Enable passthrough for our audio output device
          This is done using pavucontrol where we can enable passtrough in advanced settings for our digital output through HDMI, or S/PDIF resp.:

Comment

Originally posted by gwilly7 View Post

Sorry I am referring to passing audio such as DTS or TrueHD to the receiver for processing instead of the pc processing.
            Fixed with this patch:

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
              X