Even With AMDGPU DC, HDMI/DP Audio Isn't Working Out For All Radeon Linux Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Titles like Wonder does not have multi channel audio sound effect tracks, background music is not sound effect. List movies like star wars where you have 3d audio explosions and vehicle sounds.
    ... and there goes the trolling. I bet you haven't seen any recent movie in the past years. Of course there are no explosions in movies like Wonder, but there is certainly more than just background music as you call it. A sound effect can also be the steps of someone coming from behind the audience. You'll loose all of these simple effects on a plain old stereo setup and you certainly won't get the level of immersion that the director intended. And since you have cited Wonder, this is what the review says about it's sound quality:

The film also utilizes occasional source cues [...] which also utilize the surround channels effectively.
    Source: blu-ray.com

You might not like these effects, that's a different story. But saying that multi channel audio system is useless at home is just pure trolling. That's why I said that I won't feed any trolls (which in fact I just did, sorry for that).

Comment

Yay, that HDMI audio bug has been fixed:

Comment

Working...
      X