Can WoW run using the OSS ATI drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Extreme Coder,

If you're still able to play, can you post your xorg.conf and your WoW config.WTF? I'm also using a Radeon Xpress 1100 and for some reason all I get when I run WoW is a mess of polygons in Direct3D mode (and it just crashes in OpenGL mode).

Comment

One intresting point about wine support in opensource radeon drivers is that r200 driver I can hack wine to run Civ4 BtS with 2-10 fps and relatively little graphics glitches. But with r500 GL_EXT_fog_coord extension is missing so can't run it at all. I didn't try radeonhd driver so no idea if it would have better chance to run civ 4.

Ok. I found from mesa list that there is currently some work done to make GL_EXT_fog_coord work in r300-r500.

Comment

Originally posted by suokko View Post
        One intresting point about wine support in opensource radeon drivers is that r200 driver I can hack wine to run Civ4 BtS with 2-10 fps and relatively little graphics glitches. But with r500 GL_EXT_fog_coord extension is missing so can't run it at all. I didn't try radeonhd driver so no idea if it would have better chance to run civ 4.

Ok. I found from mesa list that there is currently some work done to make GL_EXT_fog_coord work in r300-r500.
        Both radeon and radeonhd use the same 3D driver from mesa.

GL_EXT_fog_coord is in mesa master since some days:

You could try that.

Comment

Originally posted by aaaantoine View Post
          Hey Extreme Coder,

If you're still able to play, can you post your xorg.conf and your WoW config.WTF? I'm also using a Radeon Xpress 1100 and for some reason all I get when I run WoW is a mess of polygons in Direct3D mode (and it just crashes in OpenGL mode).
          Hello,
          I will post my xorg.conf.
          I no longer play WoW(as my laptop is too slow), but the only additions I did to its config was disabling shaders and trying both D3D and OGL modes.
          Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

Working...
          X