X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ernstp
    replied
    Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
    Will it work with Blender? I was playing around with Blender around Christmas and it drove me crazy that I didn't have OpenCL acceleration for rendering. It took forever to render my simple scene, hopefully this will revolutionize the workflow.
    There are a couple methods to have very nice OpenCL acceleration available. For example running a vanilla Ubuntu 16.04.3 with rocm-dkms, just follow the instructions here: https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/ROCm

This news is about a fully upstream solution, which is something else..

Leave a comment:

• gsedej
    replied
    What will AMDKFD enable on dGPU? my rx480 already works fine with some opencl tasks.

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath
    replied
    Will it work with Blender? I was playing around with Blender around Christmas and it drove me crazy that I didn't have OpenCL acceleration for rendering. It took forever to render my simple scene, hopefully this will revolutionize the workflow.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic AMDKFD GPUVM Support Updated For Radeon Discrete GPUs

AMDKFD GPUVM Support Updated For Radeon Discrete GPUs

Phoronix: AMDKFD GPUVM Support Updated For Radeon Discrete GPUs

Many of you have been anxious to get ROCm/OpenCL compute working with the open-source Radeon Linux driver on modern GPUs while using a mainline kernel and that day continues inching closer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X