Radeon Linux Graphics Stack, RadeonSI Shaders Update From FOSDEM 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Linux Graphics Stack, RadeonSI Shaders Update From FOSDEM 2018

Phoronix: Radeon Linux Graphics Stack, RadeonSI Shaders Update From FOSDEM 2018

In addition to the Nouveau driver crew talking about their Vulkan plans and other open-source work, Nicolai Hähnle of AMD represented the company's work on their Radeon Linux graphics driver stack(s) and the work they have going on for improving their GPU driver support...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...2018-AMD-Linux

"OpenCL 4.5 conformance"
    Maybe OpenGL? (4.6?)

(being sick, so I have time to substitute tildearrow )

Is there any video record or something? I guess they might do so, that would be nice so I can follow a few talks at least.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

OpenCL 4.5 conforma- Dang it!!!

I won't appear as public typo reporter anymore due to complaints.

Comment

Don't worry, I won't take your job.

Here are some abstracts, but yet no link to a possible video / audio recording of the talk itself. Maybe some time after FOSDEM.
        https://fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/amd_graphics/
        https://fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/radeonsi/
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
          Is there any video record or something? I guess they might do so, that would be nice so I can follow a few talks at least.
          There are live streams available here (during talks), while some videos are already available here. Videos are appearing much quicker than previous years so keep checking.

Comment

Good comparison of Vulkan!
            But it just breaks my heart to see 2-3 Vulkan drivers..
            "Amd contributions" and "Immediate supports for new GPUs" is very important points, so I hope that AMD will accelerate the development of their driver and he will be №1.

Question: why AMD can't make a separate driver AMDOGL as AMDVLK? The problem with closed source OpenGL, porting Mesa or both?

Comment

Originally posted by mphuZ View Post
              Good comparison of Vulkan!
              But it just breaks my heart to see 2-3 Vulkan drivers..
              "Amd contributions" and "Immediate supports for new GPUs" is very important points, so I hope that AMD will accelerate the development of their driver and he will be №1.

Question: why AMD can't make a separate driver AMDOGL as AMDVLK? The problem with closed source OpenGL, porting Mesa or both?
              Yes , AMD driver side is a little bit messy right now.

About your question : AMD shouldn't do that. From end user wise , their official OpenGL driver is not meaningful with it's performance. They should focus for Mesa instead of it.
              Why this driver exist then? Probably for companies who relies on this stack for computing purposes. Although Nvidia has major share on this area too.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                ..their official OpenGL driver is not meaningful with it's performance. They should focus for Mesa instead of it.
                No. The question is, why not extract AMDOGL/radeonsi driver from Mesa and make it cross-platform like AMDVLK?

Comment

All of the red points for RADV are useless data points. AMD contributions - well, AMD could have contributed since long ago and chose not to. AMD QA Qualifications - well, AMD is chosing not to do this. AMD GPU Tools support - once again, AMD choosing not to support RADV. Windows support - irrelevant to us.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
                    All of the red points for RADV are useless data points. AMD contributions - well, AMD could have contributed since long ago and chose not to. AMD QA Qualifications - well, AMD is chosing not to do this. AMD GPU Tools support - once again, AMD choosing not to support RADV. Windows support - irrelevant to us.
                    Quoted for Truth.

Comment

Working...
                    X