RadeonSI Semaphore Begins Hitting Mesa Git, Needed By SteamVR On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Semaphore Begins Hitting Mesa Git, Needed By SteamVR On Linux

Phoronix: RadeonSI Semaphore Begins Hitting Mesa Git, Needed By SteamVR On Linux

Andres Rodriguez working for Valve as part of their Linux graphics driver team has begun landing his work around OpenGL semaphores for Mesa/Gallium3D and following through with the necessary bits for RadeonSI with the EXT_semaphore work being needed by SteamVR...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    This OpenGL semaphgore extension

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo:

Is there some way we can get the typo reporting as a private message instead of a forum post? I can't tell you how many times I've clicked on the forums looking to see the start of a discussion only to be met with "Typo:"

Comment

Or better yet, a way to select a piece of text in an article and report it as having problems, including corrections and maybe description and choices to indicate what is wrong: such as a typo, sentence structure, other.

Comment

You talk about complex solutions but the most easy one would be to simply have a spell checker in Michael's editor. The browser itself can do so without any kind of effort.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by stupotace View Post

Is there some way we can get the typo reporting as a private message instead of a forum post? I can't tell you how many times I've clicked on the forums looking to see the start of a discussion only to be met with "Typo:"
            Yep, that is a bit annoying.

Michael can use Gaming On Linux's solution. Every article on there has a typo reporter below , so anyone who finds a typo can submit reports from there.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
              You talk about complex solutions but the most easy one would be to simply have a spell checker in Michael's editor. The browser itself can do so without any kind of effort.
              I agree. Even though every other sentence would have a non-dictionary word in it, those words can always be added to his system's dictionary.

Comment

Michael This has come up more than once. You have expressed gratitude to tildearrow for his diligence, but it truly is annoying to many people. Especially when you answer "Thanks" to him. It gives the impression that a discussion was started on some subject.

Comment

Wait, I thought DRM leasing was still nowhere near actually implemented? Did I miss something?

Comment

I'm out of here until Michael decides to fix the ignore list.

Comment

Working...
                    X