Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV/RadeonSI Benchmarks On Mesa 18.0

Phoronix: RADV/RadeonSI Benchmarks On Mesa 18.0

With Mesa 18.0 now well into its feature freeze and this quarterly update to Mesa OpenGL/Vulkan drivers bringing many new features and improvements as covered in our Mesa 18.0 feature overview here are some benchmarks comparing the Mesa 18.0 RadeonSI/RADV driver performance to the current 17.3 stable series and the older 17.2 series as well.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice tuning for this version. Little by little with some vulkan improvment, it's pretty good work overall.

Comment

Yes, definitely a nice release! Good job, everyone involved! I do love the fact that the performance get better with every release! Since most AAA Linux titles are just ports it's hard to gain windows performance levels, but at least we get closer to them!

Comment

I find it somewhat concerning that a 10.5TFlops part like Vega 56 only performs marginally better than a 7.2TFlops Fury (non X) in most benchmarks. I am wondering if this is due immature drivers or bottle-necks in the fixed function block since compute performance quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by GruenSein View Post
          I find it somewhat concerning that a 10.5TFlops part like Vega 56 only performs marginally better than a 7.2TFlops Fury (non X) in most benchmarks. I am wondering if this is due immature drivers or bottle-necks in the fixed function block since compute performance quite good.
          It can be specific to these games or effect of CPU bottlenecking. Unfortunately these benchmarks aren't comprehensive.

Comment

Awesome progress.

Comment

It is nice gift for

Upcoming Events

Q4 2017 AMD Earnings Call
              Jan 30, 2018 at 5:00 PM EST

For 50 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies for gaming, immersive platforms and the datacenter.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

It can be specific to these games or effect of CPU bottlenecking. Unfortunately these benchmarks aren't comprehensive.
                Agreed. For example, on Windows Wolfenstein 2 is blazingly fast on Vegas now that it got optimized for it. Therefore, it is possible to extract the performance one would expect from these devices. The question is how much effort it requires on the developers part and how specific this is to Vega (it could just be the advancing Vulkan backend of the engine as well). If it requires lots of Vega-specific work I doubt that we will see many game developers putting in the hours...

Comment

Michael thank you for your work. Would it be possible to see some comparison like this on Intel chipset like the 630?

Comment

Originally posted by Flaburgan View Post
                    Michael thank you for your work. Would it be possible to see some comparison like this on Intel chipset like the 630?
                    Yes I usually do Intel comparison with each Mesa release. At the moment have Coffeelake comparison coming out tomorrow or so it should be done.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X