Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon R600 Gallium3D Driver Nearly At OpenGL 4.5, Remaining Bits Being Finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ptyerman View Post
    Oohhh! This is great, I may have to dig my old HD4870 out its box and put another system together, I've got enough parts laying around. I always loved that card, it served me very well and I could never part with it.
    That's not Open 4 capable though. Only 3.3.

Originally posted by rastersoft View Post
    A question: I have Mesa 17.3.3, and a Radeon HD7750 card. Why does glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version" return that I have OpenGL 3.0 only?
    That's because you're looking at the Compatibility Profile, and Mesa only support openGL above 3.0 in Core Profile. Try: `glxinfo | grep "OpenGL core profile version"`.

Comment

A question: I have Mesa 17.3.3, and a Radeon HD7750 card. Why does glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version" return that I have OpenGL 3.0 only?
      You should grep for just version - as 3.0 is for compat profile I believe. And everyone is concerned about core profile really.

Comment

You should see two OpenGL version strings (one for core profile, one for compatibility profile) and two for OpenGL shading language (ditto).

The compatibility profile version string will probably say 3.0, while the core profile will show the "real" GL version, eg 4.5.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
          That card is listed in Wikipedia as only supporting OpenGL 3.3, so I doubt that these patches will change anything for you, since the card itself is not capable of OpenGL 4.
          I think it typically reports the highest version of OpenGL officially supported on the card at some point in the past - not necessarily what the hardware is ultimately capable of handling.

Comment

I think that I can offer a 4850 1 GB (AGP) for free.

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
              I think that I can offer a 4850 1 GB (AGP) for free.
              AGP? Ouch. I thought I was the only one still running AGP, by that point. I had a HD 4650 (AGP), but it sadly ended up being one of those having only a 64-bit bus.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                I think it typically reports the highest version of OpenGL officially supported on the card at some point in the past - not necessarily what the hardware is ultimately capable of handling.
                Also sometime you have 3.3 with full hardware support but a lot higher can be gotten by emulating some less used or performance-negligible things in the driver. 3.3 might well mean eg 4.1 - fp64

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
                  Michael karolherbst speaking of OpenCL conformance test, how is the situation for Nouveau?
                  there is no upstream OpenCL support for Nouveau. Do you mean OpenGL?

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post

there is no upstream OpenCL support for Nouveau. Do you mean OpenGL?
                    Yeah, sorry, it was a typo, I meant OpenGL 4.4 and 4.5, how it is? I remember reading that Khronos wasn't going to charge nouveau to run the conformance tests, etc

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                      Correct, but in this case it's the same. r700 hardware like the 4xxx series doesn't have GL 4.0 tessellation support in the hardware, which means it's going to be limited to GL 3.3 and Direct3D 10. That was first introduced in Evergreen (5xxx series) the next generation after it.

Comment

Working...
                      X