Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Out DRM-Next For Linux 4.16 With AMDGPU On Polaris & Vega

Phoronix: Trying Out DRM-Next For Linux 4.16 With AMDGPU On Polaris & Vega

I have spent some time this weekend trying out the DRM-Next code slated for inclusion in Linux 4.16 when its merge window opens next week. The DRM-Next state of the AMDGPU driver appears to be in good shape, at least for the RX 580 and RX Vega cards used for my initial testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    That kernel seems to be way behind of this one: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...-next-4.17-wip

Do not use partially implement amdgpu driver.
    No one should use neither one of these nextes, that is just for developement and testing

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      That kernel seems to be way behind of this one: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...-next-4.17-wip
      This is how it works for all drivers. New features go upstream during the merge window. Once that closes, all other new features go into the next kernel. There will always be new features.

Comment

Thank you for testing these, Michael, ahead of the releases. Important to do so, IMHO. Although, as always, if possible, please include other distros for important tests.

Comment

Hello mr debianxfce.

Do you have working openGL acceleration on the Acer Swift 3?

I have spent much time trying to get it working. So far i have AMDGPU running stably with 4.16, but AIGLX is running in software GL mode.

Help me Obi-Wan. You're my only hope.

Comment

Working...
          X