R600 Gallium3D Gets More Fixes, Experimental SB Tessellation Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Is it native? Then they themselves need to fix their own code. You need to contact their customer support, and post links to mesa documentation that explains why compat profiles will never be supported, and then you need to use that information to try and convince them to fix their code. It probably won't work though. The only driver that supports it is nVidia's driver, which indicates their application was developed on nVidia's driver. And that itself is an indication that they are gonna tell you, well it works on nVidia....
    Yes it is native application, if you have "GCN" GPU to test, you can try it and see if it's the problem or not, I assume people would report such problem if they had it (I did not search for it tho), but I'm very positive that it is not a problem on those GPU's with mesa, it would be nice to test it tho.

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post

Here is the problem tho, same happens with gallium nine, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wine translation is bypassed by it? So, mesa does everything in that case, wine is used as compatibility layer only. If that is the actual reason, I'm thinking other mesa users who are already on 4.1+ for example (any "GCN" GPU) would face the same problem, download genymotion (it's in AUR if on Arch), create VM (Android 7.1 for example) and try to start it, if that is the case as you say, it should crash and not work on those GPU's where GL 4.1+ is enabled by default?
      What happens with gallium nine? Passing in GL overrides in that case won't do anything, because the game is calling native D3D9 calls, not OpenGL. So changing a OpenGL version is pointless in that case.

Edit:
      I'm not really sure of what all is happening here, but:
      1. If the compat profile is needed by a native linux game, add it to Mesa's drirc app workarounds.
      2. If the compat profile is just needed when running it in WINE, open a bug report with WINE and tell them they need to work with core profiles.
      3. If there is a problem with nine support, try opening a bug with the gallium nine guys. I haven't seen them in a while so I'm not sure if they are still active or not, but there'd have to be a bug in the nine state tracker (or else WINE) and they'd be the guys to fix it either way. That's a different driver than the OpenGL radeonsi support.
      Last edited by smitty3268; 21 January 2018, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

What happens with gallium nine? Passing in GL overrides in that case won't do anything, because the game is calling native D3D9 calls, not OpenGL. So changing a OpenGL version is pointless in that case.
        With gallium nine, it works well with COMPAT profile and does have proper picture, however with gallium nine and core gl 4.x profile it crashes, even tho it should call native D3D9 as you pointed out. With COMPAT profile and wine d3d translation it looks like this https://imgur.com/a/xiPEL , with core profile also crashes, same as with gallium nine.

As for native GNU/Linux application, it's not the game, it's Android layer over VirtualBox application called genymotion, you can test it yourself on "GCN" hardware where GL 4.x is enabled by default, if it works, it is not the problem of application but r600 implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post

Sure, Trackmania United Forever (if you do not own, you can attempt TM Nations Forever, it is the same engine, same behaviour). I did try with OpenGL 4.3 instant crash, attempting OGL 4.1 (i think) compat would start it. Also, genymotion and similar layers over virtual box would crash instantly, that is on HD 6770, not sure what's your GPU, but it would be interesting if same happens to you or not.
          Sorry for the late response. I checked, but I don't have either of those games. You can see the games I have (in Steam at least) here.I also don't use VirtualBox as I have LXC.

Comment

Working...
          X