Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Pushes Out CUDA 9.1 With Compiler Optimizations, Volta Enhancements & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Pushes Out CUDA 9.1 With Compiler Optimizations, Volta Enhancements & More

Phoronix: NVIDIA Pushes Out CUDA 9.1 With Compiler Optimizations, Volta Enhancements & More

AMD isn't the only one busy with GPU software updates today but NVIDIA has issued CUDA 9.1 as their first feature update to the CUDA 9 compute platform...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    more efficient solving of large 2D and 3D FFT GPUs on multi-GPUs systems,
    (the first one doesn't make sense, and the second one should be "multi-GPU")

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo:

(the first one doesn't make sense, and the second one should be "multi-GPU")
      Yeah meant FFT problems, thanks.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

How smart, they have released CUDA 9.1 today because Fedora 25 is going to die after midnight, so nobody will blame them for releasing their Toolkit for an already dead platform, lol..

Comment

AMD isn't the only one busy with GPU software updates today but NVIDIA has issued CUDA 9.1 as their first feature update to the CUDA 9 compute platform.
          Hardly comparable.

One company does a lot on the open documentation and oss driver side,
          while the other only gets out vendor-locked proprietary software.

Never regretted supporting AMD!

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post

Hardly comparable.

One company does a lot on the open documentation and oss driver side,
            while the other only gets out vendor-locked proprietary software.

Never regretted supporting AMD!
            Well. Intel using AMD (i/d)GPUs makes me highly suspicious...

Are we safe? Are there real alternatives? Do we live in a nightmare disguised as a dream? Is our reality really real? :P

Anyway, nothing is worse than using GPUs with proprietary drivers and market segmentation (NVIDIA, fuck you for not giving vGPU to consumers!).

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
              Well. Intel using AMD (i/d)GPUs makes me highly suspicious...
              Are we safe? Are there real alternatives? Do we live in a nightmare disguised as a dream? Is our reality really real?
              Whoops, sorry... glitch in the simulation. Didn't really happen.
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Whoops, sorry... glitch in the simulation. Didn't really happen.
                Oh, yes. Sure, I found a bug in the Virtual Machine

Comment

Working...
                X