NVIDIA's Current Linux Driver Is Hungry For vRAM This Holiday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xorbe View Post
    If they have any sort of version control, I fail to see how they can't pinpoint the effect fairly rapidly with a binary search. Sounds like an attempt to drive hw sales to me.
    Reducing performance compared to competition must be one of the crappiest ways to drive HW sales.

Comment

Folding at home is affected as well.

FAHbench should show the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

What's your hypothesis on 'drive [hardware] sales' when this issue occurs even with their latest generation hardware available?
        I don't agree with original statement, but will be devils advocate. Cards with tons of VRAM are nto affected, they are current generation cards.

On my 780TI with 3gigs of VRAM downgrade to older version of driver made all the difference in the world for Deus Ex and DOTA2. Especially for Deus Ex.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

What's your hypothesis on 'drive [hardware] sales' when this issue occurs even with their latest generation hardware available?
          Using all available memory is good not bad. Only using more than available is bad. So there was only improvements to be seen in the benchmarks you made.

So they are making latest generation faster at the expense of older hardware.
          ​​​​

Comment

Working...
          X