Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Mini Is A Powerful Yet Small Graphics Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Mini Is A Powerful Yet Small Graphics Card

Phoronix: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Mini Is A Powerful Yet Small Graphics Card

Earlier this week I delivered the first NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Linux benchmarks where we even found this new GPU generally outperforming the Radeon RX Vega 64 with the current NVIDIA/AMD Linux graphics drivers. That testing was done with the Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Mini (ZT-P10710G-10P) while in this article are some more benchmarks and findings from graphics card that is one of the most powerful for its size.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=25498

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    While this is the smallest GTX 1070 Ti, it sticks to the reference clock frequences

Comment

Its length is a little too big for some mini-ITX cases. The one I have here for exemple cannot take it. Otherwise looks like a dream for a compact setup to stomp on the lesser PCs (cough consoles cough).

Comment

Zotac likes to miniaturize things as its their niche, but they are still working out the cooling part that comes with the shrink. Many of their NUC's, mini-PC's and other device shrinks run extremely hot and have been know to live short lives there after. A candle that burns bright, burns quickly.

Comment

My case can take anything 250mm or less in length. Smaller is better, I wish Vega cards were small form factor, or at least less then 250mm. I do believe the new XFX custom vega card has a Vega Mini board under its big heatsink, wonder how easy it would be to convert it to 140mm rad cooler...

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
            My case can take anything 250mm or less in length. Smaller is better, I wish Vega cards were small form factor, or at least less then 250mm. I do believe the new XFX custom vega card has a Vega Mini board under its big heatsink, wonder how easy it would be to convert it to 140mm rad cooler...
            It could be quite easy I guess if XFX uses the "reference" Vega Nano PCB. That is if AMD is planning a Nano at all in this generation... I have only heard rumors regarding a Nano-sized Vega.
            I doubt the expected volume of sales is high enough for XFX to team up with EKWB or some similar manufacturer to create a full-cover block for a custom PCB, though.

Having high-end graphics in an ITX case is a big challenge to say the least... if an ITX case can take a decent length graphics card then that defeats the whole purpose of an ITX mobo... it's the same story if an ITX case allows you to install a water cooling loop. A dual slot cooler can fit most, but not all cases, but a standard height card is frequently out of the question... so manufacturers would have to create a card that is full height, 144mm long at the most, dual slot, and that still would only cover a part of the niche that is ITX builds. Not to mention that a 144mm*dual slot*full height cooler greatly limits the amount of heat the card can dissipate.
            So I personally find that going below mATX is all-advised: most ITX cases will either be as large mATX ones, or if they won't allow any meaningful expansion at all (only offering ne single slot and/or half-height PCIe slot).
            You can already build a pretty small rig if you keep a mATX chassis' expansion options to the minimum (providing space for a dual slot card in the bottom expansion slot). I have made calculations for a custom case, and an optimal mATX chassis would be more compact than most ITX ones. But that's just my two cents.

Comment

1080ti already comes in MINI versions, so I can always get one of those.

Comment

Working...
              X