Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kendji View Post
    Still hard question better performance vs opensource drivers
    I don't think it's hard at all. If you must run open source drivers, you buy AMD, otherwise you probably buy Nvidia.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendji View Post
      Still hard question better performance vs opensource drivers
      For me it's pretty easy.
      I'm very willing to spend extra money on libre drivers, so if I want performance above an GeForce 1070 (Ti), I'm shelling out the extra 100 Euros for the Vega 64.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackN64 View Post

Performance wise, the GTX 1070Ti isn't an RX Vega 56 killer at all, but AMD could indeed improve upon the power/efficiëncy.
        The whole Pascal lineup are Vega killers.
        GTX 1070 Ti is closer to Vega 64 than Vega 56.

Comment

I propose a ~150mv undervolt and @1.6GHz overclock Vega 56 benchmark vs Nvidia.

Comment

Originally posted by efikkan View Post
            The whole Pascal lineup are Vega killers.
            GTX 1070 Ti is closer to Vega 64 than Vega 56.
            That's not accurate. The 1070Ti trades blows with Vega 56, but usually falls short unless overclocked.

Comment

That's not accurate. The 1070Ti trades blows with Vega 56, but usually falls short unless overclocked.
              Here's how it "falls short": https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/...070_Ti/30.html
              Word of advice, do not click "next page" if you're in the red camp.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Here's how it "falls short": https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/...070_Ti/30.html
                Word of advice, do not click "next page" if you're in the red camp.
                These are a bit different from Gamers Nexus numbers. As I said, perf/watt is not that great, unless you undervolt Vega, in which case the difference becomes much smaller.

Comment

These are a bit different from Gamers Nexus numbers. As I said, perf/watt is not that great, unless you undervolt Vega, in which case the difference becomes much smaller.
                  I don't know, even there the Vega 56 Stock (non-overclocked) only wins once, in Destiny 2.

Edit: Anandtech seems to be taking the middle road: "Generally speaking, the GTX 1070 Ti Founders Edition looks to be on the order of 5% faster than the reference RX Vega 56."
                  Last edited by bug77; 03 November 2017, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X