Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 387.22 Linux Driver Released With GTX 1070 Ti Support

Phoronix: NVIDIA 387.22 Linux Driver Released With GTX 1070 Ti Support

NVIDIA has shipped the 387.22 Linux driver today as their first stable release in the 387.xx series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In b4 TildeGuy!

"and othef fixes. " --> "and other fixes."

Comment

This does not seem to be a beta. Neither was 387.12. On the nvidia site, they are listed as non-beta.

Comment

Article is a bit odd.

It says both beta and stable. Which one is correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
          Article is a bit odd.

It says both beta and stable. Which one is correct?
          387.22 is stable. I think there was just one case of accidentally mentioning that as 'beta' and that has now been fixed.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nvidia
            Fixed a regression that caused display flickering at lower PowerMizer performance levels on some GPUs.
            Wonder if that means that GPUs run permanently in P0 (highest performance level). On my GTX1080 I always have ~50W power draw even on idle
            because power saving levels aren't available with multi-monitor setup (1080p,1200p displays). When I complained at nvidia forums they basically said that this is by design because lower power states could introduce screen flicker (or something). Had the same problem on my older GTX970 card and somewhat fixed it by modifying video card bios to run at 700Mhz base clock - power draw dropped to 18W on idle while table frequencies ramped up as necessary when gpu was in use.

On pascal unfortunately you can't run custom bioses because they need to be signed.
            Since my card has "zero rpm fan" I'm somewhat concerned about VRM temps if it's draws 50W without active cooling.

Comment

Working...
            X