Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 384.59 Linux Driver Released Along With 375.82

Phoronix: NVIDIA 384.59 Linux Driver Released Along With 375.82

NVIDIA's Unix graphics team has today released some updated binary display drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    using Max-Q design to this loing-lived branch.

Comment

I installed the 384 beta driver last night, and now my superposition scores exceed the fastest recorded on the Unigine site (8752 vs 8642). Not sure if it were Unigine updates or the drivers or both. But in any case, the performance on Linux looks very good.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

There are many Debian packages for the nvidia driver that are difficult to remove. Using the installer script is much easier. Also ubuntu/debian does not have the resources to test packages. Patching is simpler too when you use the .run file, you can work in your home directory instead of system directories.
        That's so dumb. Package management exists for very good reasons. Google them. You need to before you give out retarded advice.

Comment

That's not the point. If you need a different version of the driver or a modified installation, learn how to package for your distribution first. It is very irresponsible to ask users (especially new ones) to pollute their file systems with non-tracked files.
          They end up complaining to their distributions which can't be held responsible for files installed outside the package manager.
          You end up wasting people's time and in some cases causing damage that is not easily reverted.
          Again, learn how to create packages for your distribution or stick to stock packages.
          Even NVIDIA suggests you use distribution packages.

Comment

how to get available this update from the driver manager on the latest distro?

Comment

after having had problems with ppa, I install the first time from the distro so all is in place but later updates always from Nvidia. Never had problems like this.

Comment

Originally posted by mike44 View Post
                after having had problems with ppa, I install the first time from the distro so all is in place but later updates always from Nvidia. Never had problems like this.
                so you download the update and after you install it, right?
                Last edited by Azrael5; 25 July 2017, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Relax, guys, I'm one of the maintainers of the graphics-drivers PPA and we are definitely working on this. The new version should be available in the main PPA a bit later today.

But please, please don't install directly using the .run packages. These run the risk of putting files in the wrong place or overwriting system files and can cause major breakage if certain other packages (such as the kernel or Mesa, at least) are updated. The .deb packages we provide ensure that all files get put in the proper places and are managed correctly during updates. If you have any issues with our packages, please don't hesitate to contact us on Launchpad and describe the issue.

Comment

Still no ULMB support for Linux :-/

Comment

Working...
                    X