GeForce GT 1030 Will Work With NVIDIA 381 Linux Driver, Good Luck With Nouveau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Got the passive MSI GT 1030 ordered... Results next week when card arrives.
    Many thanks

Michael msi model appears good passive cooling design (black)

Comment

Not bad for 30W GPU, having 942-1127 GF:OPS, it comes very close to RX 550 with 1126-1211 GFLOPS, tho that memory BW is terrible (only 48GB/s), but that's where most of the power is saved. Not a valid solution for me because of proprietary driver, but still good GPU for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post
        Not bad for 30W GPU, having 942-1127 GF:OPS, it comes very close to RX 550 with 1126-1211 GFLOPS, tho that memory BW is terrible (only 48GB/s), but that's where most of the power is saved.
        And it uses only x4 PCI-E lanes. They can save more going to x1 PCI-E, that would draw something like 10-25W and who know even that might be faster than Intel's iGPUs

But at least that x1 would be normal looking card - single slot and no fan.
        Last edited by dungeon; 20 May 2017, 08:52 AM.

Comment

I do not know what's going on with Nvidia, I have a GeForce 315, I've never had any problems with the proprietary drivers with the open Nouveau driver.
          Yesterday I tried to install Opensuse tumbleweed and at startup I got a black screen, not even the login arrives. I uninstalled the experimental 3d support, but nothing. Then I installed KdeNeon (not Lts), same thing, black screen. Do Nouveau have problems with the latest kernels?
          I also tried installing Nvidia recovery owners but black screen as usual. Do you know if there are any problems? Sorry if I took advantage of this 3d. Hello

Comment

If I install it on a pc do not uefi the usb key must be in MBR? Maybe this is my problem! The USB stick was in GPT. Now I try to change the partition table in MBR and hopefully well.
            I blamed the video card, but I think I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Got the passive MSI GT 1030 ordered... Results next week when card arrives.
              Thanks Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
                Very impressive how in various games GT 1030 have same performance (in others more case cs go, gta v, far cry primal, overwatch, mass effect andromeda, battlefield 1, the witcher 3) than RX 550 with only 64bits bus, reduced in 128 shaders, 50% less rops and 8 tmus reduced
                Well, according to the only semi-review I found (https://www.golem.de/news/geforce-gt...-127907-2.html), while the official boost clock might not be all that much (for pascal based cards), in reality the thing runs at a constant 1709 Mhz - meaning it actually has more shader alu (and texturing) power than the RX 550. I agree though seems to be a nice little power effficient card, doing quite well considering its very limited memory bandwidth (again, not surprising, considering gm108 did still sort of ok with just 64bit ddr3).

Comment

Working...
                X