Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Details CUDA 9 Features, Allows C++14 In Device Code

Phoronix: NVIDIA Details CUDA 9 Features, Allows C++14 In Device Code

NVIDIA at their annual GPU Technology Conference (GTC'17) have provided more public details about the forthcoming CUDA 9 compute update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice. And averything will work with the Open Source nouveau driver?
    *runsaway*

Comment

Sweet! CUDA 9 seems to be a perfect fit for Debian 9 as it's shipping with both GCC 6.3 and Clang 3.9. Too bad that Debian is not officially supported.. and setting up a different CUDA version from the one in the repo (8.0.44) is a real pain.

Comment

"Nice" Any chance the finally release OpenCL 2.0 support with extensions to support their hw? None.

Comment

Originally posted by pszilard View Post
          "Nice" Any chance the finally release OpenCL 2.0 support with extensions to support their hw? None.
          Well yeah it's been in beta for a while and there's only partial support:
          In the release notes for 378.66 graphics drivers for Windows (February 2017), NVIDIA officially spoke about supporting OpenCL 2.0 for the first time. Unfortunately, ...

Comment

Hopefully they will fix the regressions they introduced with the release of version 8.

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
              Well yeah it's been in beta for a while and there's only partial support:
              https://streamcomputing.eu/blog/2017...ncl-2-0-linux/
              Wow, I'm impressed they support it at all. I long suspected they had a secret OpenCL implementation they gave to big customers (e.g. automotive) who insisted on it. I guess that could still be true of their Tegra SoCs, which don't advertise any support for OpenCL.

I guess we should all pile in with requests for better compliance.

Comment

God guess. I can't imagine big guns would be willing to put up with the criplleware software stack that NVIDIA's OpenCL​ is. What makes me still wonder how many do still stick to OpenCL is that all the libraries NVIDIA develops are CUDA only (and I doubt they have the resources to develop them secretly in OpenCL too).

Comment

Working...
                X