Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 17.1 Released, Adds RADV Vulkan Conforming Patches

Phoronix: Mesa 17.1 Released, Adds RADV Vulkan Conforming Patches

Mesa 17.1.0 is now officially available as the Q2'2017 update to this important piece to the open-source 3D Linux graphics driver stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now I just have to wait for it to hit the Arch repos and I can get myself some of that Mad Max goodness.

Comment

kaprikawn Same here. Waiting for lordheavy to build and push out the update.

Comment

updated in t2 - https://t2-project.org/packages/mesa.html

Comment

Guest, @kaprikawn

I am on Arch, Radeon RX480, Mesa 17.0.5 (+RADV), Kernel 4.10, and MadMax vulkan works like a charm. up to 100++ FPS at High Settings, 1080p. I actually enabled VSYNC to avoid having the GPU fans screaming and getting Smooth 60 FPS (occasional drops when crossing maps boundaries).
          The above is on a i5 6600K stock clock

I am actually eager to get Kernel 4.11 for the TTM optimizations that seem to boost RADV too.

Cheers
          G.

Comment

.. latest post unapproved ...

Anyhow, for ppl on Arch, Mesa 17.0.5 and madmax vulkan works great on my RX480

Comment

... unapproved again ... Mike, fix this, will ye ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinness View Post
                ... unapproved again ... Mike, fix this, will ye ?!
                It's not an issue, but rather by design. If you have low number of posts, I'm pretty sure you get auto-moderated.

Comment

Working...
                X