No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 381.09 Linux Beta Driver Released: New Kernel Support, Updated Vulkan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 381.09 Linux Beta Driver Released: New Kernel Support, Updated Vulkan

Phoronix: NVIDIA 381.09 Linux Beta Driver Released: New Kernel Support, Updated Vulkan

Coinciding with today's NVIDIA Titan Xp announcement is a new beta Linux driver release!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hooray! This is what was blocking me from trying out Steam VR on Linux. Michael, have you tried it yet with your setup? Does it indeed work with VR?

Comment

Nice. I had a lot of issues with SteamVR and other applications on the developer betas. Excited to try these out.

Comment

What about the 4.11 kernel?

Comment

Fixed a regression that caused corruption in certain applications, such as window border shadows in Unity, after resuming from suspend.
          Finally !!

Removed the X driver's logo splash screen and the corresponding NoLogo and LogoPath xorg.conf options
          Nooooooooo
          /s

Comment

So far these have been pretty rough for me, using the AUR package for Arch. OpenGL is fine but every Vulkan game is very unstable. I went back to 378.13.

Comment

In this driver payday 2 works without issues in test

Comment

What does "support for 4.10 kernel" mean? I'm currently running kernel 4.10 with the older version drivers and haven't noticed any problems yet.

Comment

Gave it a try, but DPMS or something is totally FUBAR on my 980M. I can only get the screen to come back if I hotkey to a terminal and back to X. And, suspend is just completely broken and I can't get the screen to come on at all.

Looks like I'll have to test more tonight and open a bug report if someone hasn't beaten me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by engmia View Post
                    What does "support for 4.10 kernel" mean? I'm currently running kernel 4.10 with the older version drivers and haven't noticed any problems yet.
                    Because all older versions are needing patches, otherwise they won't compile against 4.10.

Comment

Working...
                    X